Last Updated: 5/18/2021
Thank you for choosing Aloft, Inc. We value the privacy of your personal information and recognize that you have the right to protect and secure that data.
About This Policy
- Ensure that you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it, and who we share it with;
- Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us in order to give you a great experience when you are using the Services; and
- Explain your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect and process about you and how we will protect your privacy.
We hope this helps you to understand our privacy commitments to you.
Our Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Services or through any of its features, register on the Services, make any purchases through the Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Personal Information We Collect from You
We collect information from you which, either singularly or in conjunction with other pieces of date, may be used to specifically identify you (“personal information”). The personal information we collect includes:
Name, IP address, unique device IDs, account name, postal address, street address, email address, telephone number, geolocation data, commercial information, property records, purchasing and consumer history, internet network activity information, and audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
Information You Provide Directly Through Our Services
We and service providers working on our behalf will collect any information that you choose to provide directly through our Services. For example, such information may be collected when you:
Register for an account or other content access, register to receive an email newsletter, email, text, or otherwise share content provided via our services, contact us with a message, post, upload, or otherwise submit to our Services a comment, photo, or other content or user-generated material (“user materials”), register for one of our events or contests, apply for a job, internship, or fellowship with the company, or participate in a survey.
We also may ask you to provide other information about yourself for various other purposes that we specify or make apparent at the time of collection.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We, our service providers, and our vendors working on our behalf automatically collect certain information about your computer or device and your interactions with our Services through certain tracking technologies. Depending on which Services you use and how you access them, the information collected automatically may include:
IP address, domain name of your internet service provider, the website, application, platform, or service you visited before and after visiting the Services, the search terms entered using the Services or on a referring website, your approximate geographic or specific geographic location information, the make, model, carrier, and unique identifier for your mobile devices, unique advertising identifier that allows mobile applications running on user’s mobile device to gather data for purposes of serving targeted advertising or personalized or "interest-based" sponsorship credits, and other information about user’s computer or mobile device and its browser, operating system, settings and software, the dates, times, duration, and frequency of your interactions with the Services, your navigation path through the Services, a list of files you download, listen to, view, email, text, or otherwise share and other content preferences, the amount of time spent listening to or viewing media files or pages, information about your interactions with email messages, such as links clicked on and whether a message was opened or forwarded, and any error you encounter during your use of the Services.
This information helps us improve our Service and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use the Data We Collect
- To estimate your audience size and usage patterns.
- To store information about user preferences, allowing you to customize your Services according to users’ individual interests.
- To speed up users’ searches.
- To recognize users when they return to use your Services.
- To present the Services and its contents to users.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that users request from you.
- To fulfill any other purpose users intend.
- To provide users with notices about their accounts or subscriptions, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out your obligations and enforce your rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and users, including for billing and collection.
- To notify users about changes to the Services or any products offered or provided to users.
- To allow users to participate in interactive features on your Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How We May Disclose Your Information
To data-brokers or other buyers of personal information, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the company about our users is among the assets transferred, to fulfill the purpose for which users provide it, for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Aloft, our customers, or others.
Data Retention and User Choices
Data Retention. We keep your personal information only as long as necessary to provide you with the Aloft Services and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the Aloft Services, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal information for as long as you are a user of the Aloft Services.
If you request, we will delete or anonymize your personal information so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal information, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal information until the issue is resolved;
- Where we need to retain the personal information for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal information for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
User Choices. You can review and change your personal information by logging into your account and changing your preferences on the account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Do Not Track Signals
We respond to do-not-track signals.
Some third party sites keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your web browser may allow you to set the do-not-track signal so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Links to and from Other Sites and Services
Our Services contain links to other sites, applications, platforms and services operated by third parties whose privacy policies we don't control and may differ significantly from ours. For instance, clicking or tapping on a sponsorship credit or some third-party logos on the Aloft Services will take you to an entirely different site or service that may collect, use and share information in ways that Aloft would not. You also may access Aloft content and the Aloft Services from a third-party site or service that may collect, use and share information in ways that Aloft would not. Aloft is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these third-party services and we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of any such sites or services you visit or access.
Nevada Opt Out
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com.